Getting started with LAAMP
- LAAMP has been optimised to work on low-speed, unreliable networks and has been tested in some of the most remote regions of the world. Video and media streaming quality is dynamically adjusted, depending on the speed of the network.
- Many common functions can be performed while the app is disconnected from the network entirely, with the results being synchronised later when in range. This ensures that audio, video and photo evidence can be captured at remote locations and seamlessly uploaded later.
- LAAMP is flexible and accessible across all devices including iOS and Android and also on supported web browsers on Windows and Mac.
- The LAAMP app is about 50MB in size. User-uploaded content is post-processed by the LAAMP servers to optimise files for efficient distribution to recipients.
- Content files are cached for a time on each device to avoid repeated downloads of identical content, with caching time dependent upon the sensitivity of the files.
- LAAMP was created to deliver innovative learning experiences that people truly connect with, regardless of industry. LAAMP focuses on building a learning culture within your organisation to foster a workplace valuing professionalism, training and shared knowledge.
- LAAMP is already deployed across multiple sectors and we work closely with individuals from each industry. We work closely with our customers to ensure we are building a platform that solves and anticipates all current and future learning and training challenges.
- LAAMP provides the ability to assign training to selected groups of users, across numerous locations and roles. Our system allows for relevant competencies and assessments to be allocated to selected subsets of users. Training can therefore be re-used or tailored across different groups, whilst taking user uniqueness, past experience and specific needs into account. LAAMP is efficient but not generic.
- Unfortunately not! Our innovative content is only deployed via LAAMP; this allows for a complete tailored solution and for the content to be structured in a manner that provides the best efficiencies and learning delivery outcomes.
- VR is becoming simpler, increasingly cost effective, quick and easy to set up. We can partner with you to establish a world-class VR environment that gives users an optimal experience that perfectly addresses your organisational training needs.
- LAAMP is multilingual, allowing for your content to be delivered in any native tongue. Languages currently supported include English, Indonesian, Mongolian and Chilean Spanish.
Billing and Plans
- Software licensing is charged on a per user basis, ensuring that you only pay for the number of active users required. Licensing is charged yearly in advance. Implementation and training requirements are typically minimal and will be charged per day based on your organisation’s needs.
- Enterprise pricing is based on your organisation’s specific requirements and will depend on the project size and scope. Our team will work with you to map out all of the details and provide custom pricing. Enterprise project components typically include: project implementation, content uplift, integration, software licensing and additional support.
- Our focus is LAAMP software and we are not a supplier of hardware but we can certainly help with recommendations. We have a list of LAAMP approved and supported hardware available, if needed.
Security and Privacy
- While a user is undertaking training, evidence is stored locally on the user’s device. Once the user submits the evidence to the LAAMP servers, the data is uploaded to AWS infrastructure hosted within Australia. The data on the device is then deleted.
- LAAMP encrypts all data, in transit and at rest. LAAMP only captures data for a specific purpose and sensitive data is destroyed once it is no longer required. LAAMP is built and hosted on the AWS cloud platform that maintains world-class security. AWS compliance attestations are available on the public domain.
- LAAMP operates a number of other controls in addition to those managed by AWS. These controls are independently audited and regularly penetration tested.
- When a user is completing training or an assessment on a device, the data they enter is stored on the device until the user submits the evidence to the LAAMP servers. This allows assessments to be performed in remote and offline scenarios without access to the Internet. Often this occurs on a user’s personal device which has access controls built into it, ensuring that only the user can use the device.
- In some situations, users share devices. LAAMP protects individual user data held on devices with its own identity and access management controls. LAAMP data on user devices can only be accessed by the LAAMP application and the data is only stored for as long as it is required. The LAAMP app is isolated within a Sandbox, and data files stored within LAAMP are stored within the LAAMP secure Data Container for as long as is needed. These files will not be copied into backups, so when LAAMP deletes them they are removed from the device.
LAAMP data can be made available to external systems in two formats:
- Scheduled bulk extracts will synchronise large amounts of data. This is a good approach for many analytical scenarios. Data in LAAMP can be exported in a variety of formats, with extracts made available for download using secure time-limited links.
- Real-time events are suitable for informing an external system that the state of a particular records has changed, so that system can take action. Events can be raised when: a user changes, state; when training changes state; or when a competency changes state. These events are passed to an API that you can configure within LAAMP.
- While we don’t recommend SCORM learning, LAAMP is SCORM compliant, and able to deliver SCORM content to users on web and mobile platforms.
- SCORM (Shareable Content Object Reference Model) is outdated technology, dating back to the early 2000’s. It is built on Adobe Flash which reached end of life on 01/Jan/2021.
- If your organisation is still operating with SCORM frameworks, you may not be taking a modern approach to learning - as a result you are likely restricting outcomes.
- Standard LAAMP support can be accessed via email and telephone from 8:30 am to 5:30pm (EST). Our LAAMP support team assesses the severity and urgency of the enquiry and offers appropriate assistance. Responses and resolutions can be expected in-line with agreed service level agreements; support services during these standard hours are included in licensing costs.
- Dedicated 24/7 support can also be arranged - we can explore the pricing and service model that best suits your needs.
For the best experience accepting cookies is recommended.Got it
User Analytics (Requires Anonymous Analytics)
Tracking of how the website is used by users in order to improve the experience and content. This only occurs after logging in or manually filling in a form. No personally identifiable information is shared with our analytics platform, and is rather linked with a secure SHA256 ID.
General tracking of how the website is used without being linked to an identifier. Also used for improving our content and experience.